Terms of Service
Updated: December 19, 2019
It is your responsibility to review these Terms of Service periodically. If at any time you find these Terms of Service unacceptable or if you do not agree to these Terms of Service, please do not use this Site or any applications herein. If you have any questions about these Terms of Service or its implementation, you may contact us at [email protected]
- Authorized Practice of Law. I understand and agree that Subhan Law Office, LLC, is a law firm and its attorneys are licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin, and are authorized to practice federal law in all 50 U.S. states, territories, and possessions.
- Legal Advice. Under any service or Legal Plan purchased, an attorney will provide you with legal advice, opinion or recommendation about your legal rights, remedies, defenses, other applicable legal options, and or selection of forms or strategies.
- Applicability. These Terms of Service are ONLY applicable to those persons who purchase a service, document, and or Legal Plan from our website. All other matters shall be governed by a fee agreement and an engagement letter between you and the Firm, if the Firm agrees to represent you on your matter.
- Intellectual Property. The entirety of the content in this site is a collective work owned by the Firm and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All right, title and interest in and to the materials (the “Materials”) comprising this site, including without limitation, the text, information, documents, site design, logos, graphics, icons and images, sounds, proprietary and or licensed software and coding, as well as the selection, assembly and arrangement thereof are the sole property of the Firm or its licensors, and are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All software used in this site is the property of the Firm or its licensors, and such software is also protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. Except as expressly provided by the Firm, none of the Materials may be copied, reproduced, republished, modified, downloaded, uploaded, posted, displayed, transmitted, or distributed in any way and nothing on this Site shall be construed to confer any license under any of the Firm’s intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. The trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress, logos, designs, and sounds associated with the site are owned by the Firm or its licensors. The Firm does not sell, license, lease or otherwise provide any of the Materials other than those specifically identified as being provided by us. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Subhan Law Office, LLC.
- Use of Subhan Law Office, LLC, Legal Forms. ON OUR SITE, THROUGH OUR SOFTWARE AND APPLICATIONS, WE OFFER SELF-HELP “FILL IN THE BLANK” LEGAL FORMS (THE “FORMS”). YOU UNDERSTAND THAT OUR AUTOMATED ONLINE LEGAL SOLUTION INCLUDES AND ATTORNEY REVIEW OF YOUR ANSWERS INPUT INTO THE FORMS. YOU ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT SUBHAN LAW OFFICE, LLC’S, REVIEW OF YOUR ANSWERS IS LIMITED TO COMPLETENESS, SPELLING, AND FOR INTERNAL CONSISTENCY OF NAMES, ADDRESSES, AND THE LIKE. THE FIRM WILL ALSO REVIEW FOR LEGAL SUFFICIENCY. HOWEVER, YOU AGREE TO READ THE FINAL DOCUMENT(S) BEFORE SIGNING IT AND AGREE TO BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FINAL DOCUMENT(S). YOU UNDERSTAND THAT BEFORE SOME DOCUMENT(S) MAY BE LEGALLY BINDING, YOU WILL NEED TO SIGN, HAVE WITNESSES SIGN, AND A NOTARY MAY BE REQUIRED. YOU AGREE TO TAKE THE NECESSARY STEPS TO MAKE ALL DOCUMENT(S) LEGALLY BINDING.
- License to Use. Subhan Law Office, LLC, grants you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use purchased Forms for your own personal, internal business use, or if you are an attorney or professional, for your client. Except as otherwise provided, you acknowledge and agree that you have no right to modify, edit, copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, alter, enhance or in any way exploit any of the Forms in any manner, except for modifications in filling out the Forms for your authorized use. You shall not remove any copyright notice from any Form.
- Resale of Forms Prohibited. By ordering or downloading Forms, you agree that the Forms you purchase or download may only be used by you for your personal or business use or used by you in connection with your client and may not be sold or redistributed without the express written consent of Subhan Law Office, LLC.
- Limitation of Liability. Subhan Law Office, LLC is organized as a limited liability company solely to render professional legal services under the laws of the State of Wisconsin and or federal law. As a limited liability company, Subhan Law Office, LLC, is responsible for professional liabilities incurred by lawyers employed by the firm. Each lawyer may also be personally liable for any acts, errors, or omissions arising out of the performance of professional services. Subhan Law Office, LLC, maintains professional liability insurance as required by the Rules of Professional Conduct for Attorneys as mandated by the Wisconsin Supreme Court. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, FOR ANY ERRORS, OMISSIONS, FALSE OR MISLEADING INFORMATION, FRAUDULENT REPRESENTATIONS, AND OR INCORRECT STATEMENTS PROVIDED BY YOU IN ANY OF OUR ONLINE FORMS. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE INFORMATION INPUT INTO OUR ONLINE FORMS FOR ANY SERVICE, BLANK LEGAL FORM, AND OR LEGAL PLAN PURCHASED BY YOU. FOR ANY BLANK LEGAL FORM PURCHASED, THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU IS ELECTRONICALLY TRANSFERRED TO A SELF-HELP FILL IN THE BLANK LEGAL FORM AND THEN THE BLANK LEGAL FORM WITH YOUR POPULATED INFORMATION IS REVIEWED BY AN ATTORNEY. THE REVIEW INCLUDES MAKING SURE YOUR INFORMATION IS PROPERLY PLACED IN THE BLANK LEGAL FORM. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, VERACITY, OR RELIABILITY OF SUCH INFORMATION INPUT INTO THE FORM. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY, VERACITY, AND RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE AND THEREFORE YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY, VERACITY, AND RELIABILITY OF THE BLANK LEGAL FORM, SERVICE, OR LEGAL PLAN PURCHASED ONLINE AND ANY ADVICE GIVEN BASED ON THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE.
Limited Scope Representation Agreement for all paid phone call consultations. LIMITED SCOPE REPRESENTATION FEE AGREEMENT FOR LIMITED ADVICE AND LEGAL SERVICES BETWEEN YOU (the “CLIENT,” “YOU,” “I”) AND SUBHAN LAW OFFICE, LLC (the “FIRM”, WE,” “US,” “OUR”). Our agreement to advise you begins at the time you accept this completed Agreement for Limited Advice and Legal Services and we have received payment of your flat fee through our PayPal credit card system and will end after we have provided you the task or service that you have purchased. You are making no commitment to use our services at any time in the future. We have not agreed to represent you by, for example, drafting a contract or estate plan, preparing an immigration or trademark application, going to a hearing or trial with you, preparing your case for trial, or providing any legal assistance other than the limited legal advice and legal services listed on the page that describes the particular service that you are purchasing from this website. We have no further obligation to you after completing the task that you have purchased. This means that unless we expressly agree to undertake services after the services provided, you do not expect our firm to do anything else, and the firm does not expect you to pay anything else. We have not agreed to represent you by, for example, going to a hearing or trial with you, preparing your case for trial or providing any legal assistance other than the limited legal advice and or telephone consultation authorized by this form. We don’t promise or guarantee any particular outcome. We have made no further investigation of the facts and we rely entirely on you, the client, to provide us with the facts of your situation. If you are involved in a lawsuit or are filing a form with the court, you will need to pay court costs. They include filing fees and service of process fees. We will not pay any costs associated with your case. These costs are your responsibility to pay. Also, additional steps may be required before the legal document you purchase is considered valid under Wisconsin law; for example, a signature or two witnesses may be needed. It is your responsibility to follow the instructions included with any drafted document purchased. By affirmatively accepting this Agreement, an attorney/client relationship is created. This means that all communications between you and the firm will remain confidential and we may decline to give you advice if we have a conflict of interest. For example, if we find that we have already advised your spouse or business partner on a matter, or for any other reason set forth in the Wisconsin Rules of Professional Conduct for Attorneys. If there is a conflict of interest which may be waived and we do not decline your case, you explicitly, freely, voluntarily, and intelligently waive any conflict of interest and agree to pursue limited scope representation by our firm. I understand that with any lawsuit, or filing of documents with the court or administrative agency, and or other party, I will have the responsibility for filing my legal documents and proceeding as a pro se litigant, unless I retain an attorney outside of this Agreement. I have read, understand, and agree to be bound by the above, and I authorize the firm to provide me with legal advice by telephone or drafting of a document based upon these terms and conditions. I understand that there is no obligation or fee charged for registering as a client on this website and I am becoming an on-line client of Subhan Law Office, LLC. I understand that once the firm provides services to me, that the flat fee is non-refundable, based on the firm’s Guarantee Policy. However, the firm has an obligation to refund any unearned advanced flat fee, along with an accounting, at the termination of the representation. Client has the right to file a claim with the Wisconsin Lawyers’ Fund for Client Protection if the firm fails to provide a refund of unearned advanced fees. The firm is required to submit any dispute about a requested refund of advanced fees to binding arbitration within 30 days of receiving a request for such a refund. The firm shall accept a flat fee for the Limited Scope Representation under the provisions of Wisconsin Supreme Court Rule 20:1.5(g)(1-4). CLIENT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT CLIENT HAS FULLY READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS LIMITED SCOPE FEE REPRESENTATION AGREEMENT FOR LIMITED ADVICE AND LEGAL SERVICES. BY ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT, CLIENT HEREBY AGREES TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN. CLIENT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT S/HE IS FREELY, INTELLIGENTLY, AND VOLUNTARILY ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT AND WAIVING ANY CONFLICT OF INTEREST WHICH IS WAIVABLE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
- Additional Subhan Law Office, LLC, Terms. I understand that my purchase may be subject to additional terms and conditions. I understand that legal plans are subject to the Legal Plan Subscription Agreement, and/or any limited scope agreements specified when making your purchase. Please note all services, Forms, and or legal plans purchased through our website online are subject to a limited scope representation agreement at checkout when making your purchase. If applicable, I acknowledge that I have read and agree to the supplemental terms, which are incorporated herein by reference.
- Future Products and Services.If I choose to add a product or service to my order subsequent to this initial purchase, these Terms of Service will apply to that additional product or service purchase as well.
- Dispute Resolution by Binding Arbitration. I UNDERSTAND THAT THESE TERMS OF SERVICE AND ALL OTHER SUPPLEMENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS REQUIRE THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASES TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS OR CLASS ACTIONS.
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY. IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS.
YOU MAY SPEAK WITH INDEPENDENT COUNSEL BEFORE USING THIS SITE OR COMPLETING A PURCHASE.
(a) Subhan Law Office, LLC, and you agree to arbitrate all disputes and claims between us before a single arbitrator, EXCEPT IN CASES OF FEE DISPUTES WHICH SHALL BE ARBITRATED BEFORE AND THROUGH THE STATE BAR OF WISCONSIN FEE ARBITRATION PROGRAM. The types of disputes and claims we agree to arbitrate are intended to be broadly interpreted. It applies, without limitation, to:
- claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of the relationship between us, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory;
- claims of fee disputes and or malpractice;
- claims that arose before these or any prior Terms (including, but not limited to, claims relating to advertising);
- claims that are currently the subject of purported class action litigation in which you are not a member of a certified class; and
- claims that may arise after the termination of these Terms.
For the purposes of this Arbitration Agreement, references to “Subhan Law Office, LLC,” “you,” and “us” include our respective agents, employees, business partners, predecessors in interest, successors, and assigns, as well as all authorized or unauthorized users or beneficiaries of services or products under these Terms or any prior agreements between us. Beneficiaries include, but are not limited to, those named in an estate planning document.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may bring an individual action in small claims court in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. This arbitration agreement does not preclude your bringing issues to the attention of federal, state, or local agencies. Such agencies can, if the law allows, seek relief against us on your behalf. You agree that, by entering into these Terms, you and Subhan Law Office, LLC, are each WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION. These Terms evidence a transaction or website use in interstate commerce, and thus the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”) governs the interpretation and enforcement of this provision. This arbitration provision will survive termination of these Terms.
(b) A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send, by U.S. certified mail, a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”) to the other party. A Notice to Subhan Law Office, LLC, should be addressed to: Notice of Dispute, Subhan Law Office, LLC, Attn: Attorney Ili J. Subhan, 250 East Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 1800, Milwaukee, WI 53202 (the “Notice Address”). The Notice must (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute and (b) set forth the specific relief sought (“Demand”). If Subhan Law Office, LLC, and you do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within 30 days after the Notice is received, you or Subhan Law Office, LLC, may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by Subhan Law Office, LLC, or you shall not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator determines the amount, if any, to which you or Subhan Law Office, LLC, is entitled, except this shall not apply to fee disputes arbitrated by State Bar of Wisconsin Fee Arbitration Program.
(i) Fee Disputes. At the conclusion of the representation, the Firm shall provide the Client with a written accounting of all fees and costs incurred in the representation, or an accounting of fees and costs incurred from the date of last billing statement sent to the Client, and a refund of any advanced fees that have not been earned or advanced costs that have not been used. Client agrees that an invoice from Paypal after purchase of the legal form or service shall serve as a written accounting. If the Client disputes the Firm’s determination as to what amount, if any, must be refunded to the Client, the Client must provide the Firm with written notice under Section 16(b). If the fee dispute cannot be resolved within 30 days, Attorney will submit the fee dispute to binding fee arbitration through the State Bar of Wisconsin Fee Arbitration Program. The State Bar’s Fee Arbitration Program may be contacted c/o State Bar of Wisconsin, P.O. Box 7158, Madison, WI 53707-7158, or by phone at (800) 728-7788. Any other dispute or claim shall be decided according to Section 16 (1)(a)-(b) and the other terms and conditions below.
(c) The party filing the arbitration shall bear all fees and costs thereof. The arbitrator may decide in his or her award which party will be responsible for the fees and costs.
- Reviews. After your purchase, you may receive an email survey request and or testimonial request from Subhan Law Office, LLC. If you complete the survey or submit a review, your opinions may be posted, in whole or in part, on the Site, on the Firm’s social media sites, or used in marketing material. The review may be accompanied by limited identifying information, such as your first name and last initial, the product you purchased, your gender, city and/or state, and age range.
- Access to World Wide Web; Internet Delays.To use the Firm’s online legal services, you must obtain access to the World Wide Web, either directly or through devices that access web-based content, and pay any service fees associated with such access. You are responsible for providing all equipment necessary to make such connection to the World Wide Web, including a computer and Internet access. Access to certain services may be limited or delayed based on problems inherent in the use of Internet and electronic communications. You understand that the Firm is not responsible for delays, delivery failures, or other damage resulting from such problems.
- Force Majeure.The Firm shall not be considered in breach of or default under these Terms of Service or any contract with you, and shall not be liable to you for any cessation, interruption, or delay in the performance of its obligations hereunder by reason of earthquake, flood, fire, storm, lightning, drought, landslide, hurricane, cyclone, typhoon, tornado, natural disaster, act of God or the public enemy, epidemic, famine or plague, action of a court or public authority, change in law, explosion, war, terrorism, armed conflict, labor strike, lockout, boycott or similar event beyond our reasonable control, whether foreseen or unforeseen (each a “Force Majeure Event”). If a Force Majeure Event continues for more than 60 days in the aggregate, the Firm may immediately terminate these Terms of Service and shall have no liability to you for or as a result of any such termination.
- Right to refuse.I acknowledge that the Firm reserves the right to refuse service to anyone based on legally permissible grounds.
- Acknowledgment. I UNDERSTAND THAT THESE TERMS AFFECT MY LEGAL RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS. IF I DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, I WILL NOT USE THIS SERVICE, BLANK LEGAL FORM, AND OR LEGAL PLAN. I HAVE BEEN APPRISED OF MY LEGAL RIGHT TO SEEK INDEPENDENT LEGAL COUNSEL TO REVIEW AND EXPLAIN ANY TERMS AND CONDITIONS HEREIN. BY PROCEEDING WITH SUBMITTING INFORMATION TO THE FIRM, PURCHASING A SERVICE, BLANK LEGAL FORM, AND OR LEGAL PLAN, I CONSENT AND AGREE THAT I AM VOLUNTARILY, INTELLIGENTLY, AND FREELY WAIVING MY RIGHT TO INDEPENDENT LEGAL COUNSEL, AND I AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE.